Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Life n Ecstasy


There comes a lot of thoughts when you sit idle... One such thought came to my mind relating to life and ecstasy.... The relation between the two is very antique n deep, which is difficult to explain,.. just like an elusive pimpernel...

I have known a lot of poeple who drink alcohol and those who don't... The third category is those of hypocrytes, who do drink, but refuse to accept in the public that even they are part of "maikhana"....

Ghazal maestro and messiah for drinkers, Mr Pankaj Udhas has been singing ghazals, that can make even a non-drinker, a drinker... I listen to a lot of them, but have managed to be out of this dark, and at the same point of time a glittery world...( It becomes glittery for the time being you are drunk, the morning followed by this night is full of headaches and hangovers, that makes it dark... )

In one of the ghazals, life-ecstasy relation is show:

"Zindagi ek naske ke siva kuch nahi...

Tumko peena na aaye to main kya karun"

Life is nothing, but an ecstasy... What shall I do, if you do not know how to drink it ???

Well, for me, it is a very meaningful line...Life puts up so many challenges infront of us.. are they an lesser than ecstasy... Both the things make the world go round...

Few of the quotes that I came across:

-->Anyone who hasn't experienced the ecstasy of betrayal knows nothing about ecstasy at all.

-->Existence itself does not feel horrible; it feels like an ecstasy, rather, which we have only to be still to experience.

This one is my favorite one:

-->I am in total ecstasy with where my life is now.

I am a fan of Carlos Santana..( His colab with Sean Paul in "Cry baby Cry" was awsumm...."Black magic woman" and "Maria" were pretty good to listen to ).. He once stated the following:

My job in this life is to give people spiritual ecstasy through music. In my concerts people cry, laugh, dance. If they climaxed spiritually, I did my job. I did it decently and honestly....

2 comments: