Friday, May 14, 2010


Its my Life.. Its my way...

Just to give it a thought.. What is actually good and what is actually bad ??? After a deep rooted observation, I found that it is just the way one thinks... Something which is so dear to us, or which we like doing, might be offensive to others and vice versa... But nothing much can be done about it.. I wont change, neither would you.. So, here acceptance plays a very important role..

I was listening to a very wise ghazal by Jagjit Singh ( mind you.. ghazals are not just emotional.. they could teach you a lot of wise things as well )... It goes like this:

Apna apna raasta hai ... kuch nhi
Kya bhala hai .. kya bura hai.. kuch nhi

( It is one's way, nothing else...
Nothing is either good or bad... )

Mohar mere naam ki har sheh pe hai
Mere ghar mein .. mera kya hai.. kuch nhi

(My name is stamped on everything...
but in reality there is nothing in my home, which is mine)

I think, here the word "home" is a metaphorical expression; it actually denotes the "world".. So as to say, everything that I have achieved is mine.. everything in my home is "mine", but it is just apparent.. not absolute.. As I would leave evrything here, when I exit..

Juust-u-ju hai .. ek mu-sal-sal just-u-ju..
Kya kahin kuch kho gya hai .. kuch nhi

Just-u-ju means desire and mu-sal-sal means continous,
so here the shayar says that there is a continous desire, which does not end
Have I lost something ? Nothing ...

So here is a big confusion as of what exactly is missing ... What is the desire I crave for ? ? ?

Koi darwaaze pe hai .. to kya hua
Aapse kuch maangta hai .. kuch nhi

What if someone is at your door..
Does he asks you for something ? No.. nothing...

I feel that the lines say: What is wrong if someone admires you .. or like being with you.. is he asking for something??? No.. he just wants you to be around.. just wants to see your face.. jus wants to appreciate your virtues.. he is not asking you for something...

No comments:

Post a Comment